Monday, December 15, 2008

mapping project




For this project I chose to map windows; in particular, the windows of my dorm. While taking these pictures, however, I realized that the windows not only let you see in and out, but seemed to be mixing the inside and outside worlds. On a flat piece of photography paper, there is no inside or outside, there is just an image. In the real world, there are plants and hoses inside and entire houses outside. The outside affected the shadows on the windows and the glass let through light. I also found it interesting how I saw it as almost a battle between the wild and the domestic. The house gets two points for capturing some of the wild's flowers and an entire hose, and has invaded with lawn ornaments! The outdoors retaliates by splaying threatening shadows of branches across the house.

No comments: