Monday, December 22, 2008

Justine Kurland

"Creating a beautiful work is about creating a beautiful work." -Justine Kurland

And her work certainly is beautiful!

I particularly like her photographs because of her utopian ideals. Her images portray beauty and happiness simply and don't feel staged. They have an almost fairy-tale simplicity about them, and I find myself unable to look away. The composition is perfect in all of them.

Not only are her images amazing, she's a very admirable woman. I was also impressed by her ability to find models so easily. I can't imagine how finding ten or more women with small children to pose naked could be easy. She also manages to be a professional photographer with a small child, which can be very difficult.

Frankly, I'm more than impressed, both with her images and her presentation.

No comments: